Monday, August 30, 2010
Spicy Black Bean and Corn Tortilla Pie
Taken from (and changed a bit)...http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com
1 Yellow Onion, diced
Olive oil for sauteing
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
1 small can corn, drained
1 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 heaping cup sour cream, light
8 flour tortillas
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Tortilla chips, crushed
Shredded lettuce, black olives, avocado or guacamole and sour cream for serving
1. In a large skillet saute onion in enough oil to cover bottom of pan over medium-low heat until tender and translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilies, spices, salt and pepper.
2. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream. Mixture will be loose but will thicken as it cooks. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if needed.
3. Lightly grease a 7x11 inch pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Place one of the tortillas on the bottom of the pan, and cut the second to fill in the spaces the first one doesn't cover. Spread 1/3 of the mixture evenly over it. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat with another tortilla layer, 1/3 of the mixture and 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat again. Add another layer of tortillas, sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and the crushed tortillas.
5. Bake about 25 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before slicing. Best sliced right in the pan. Serve with desired fixins.