Friday, January 09, 2009

Squash Dressing

This recipe is from my friend, Jenny. The first time she made this I knew I loved it. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. We ended up having this for our dressing at Christmas...mmmmm!

2 cups squash-cooked and drained
1 stick of butter or margarine
1 small chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 pkg. mexican cornbread mix, cooked according to directions.

Crumble cooled cornbread. Saute onions in butter. Mix with squash and cornbread. Add soup and mix well. Stir in eggs. Add black pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Bake in a small casserole dish. Double recipe to fit in a 13 x 9 inch pan.

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog. I have seen you comment before but I could never say thanks because your blog was private. Anyway I am excited to try some of your recipes. I love getting new ones.