Monday, June 11, 2012

Field Pea & Corn Dip

I'll be honest...the first time I saw this dip I thought...ewwww!  Then I heard others saying, "Ooooh" and "Mmmm" and figured I should try it.  It is delicious and very fresh tasting.  This is a perfect dip for summertime.  Not too heavy and made with good ingredients.  Eating it with the Fritos gives just the right salty kick to it.  This makes a TON so the recipe can be halved very easily.  Let me know if you love it!

2 cans field peas with snaps (15.8 oz can), rinse and drain
2 cans shoepeg corn (11 oz can), drained
2 cans Rotel tomatoes (10 oz can)
1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz can)
5 green onions, slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp finely choppe fresh parsely
Prepared Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing (you need the packet of seasoning, olive oil and red wine vinegar)

Stir all ingredients together.  Cover and chill 8 hours.  Add 2 diced avocados when ready to serve.  Drain.  Serve with Frito Scoops.  Yields 8 cups.

No comments: